Letters Unsent Chapter 3

by Writing for love is a pas

And I don't want you to cry. I want you to remember my face. I need you to remember why you fell in love with me. I just want you babe. I just want to be with you for one full day. One day for us to tell each other what we've always thought but never said. Just 24 hours to hold you. I can't stand not being close to you but now I will never get to touch you again. And that tears me up inside. Please don't go. Please. I'm so serious about us! I've never thought about getting married, but our wedding, I've planned it more than once. I've pictured our children many times. I was told that many people knew we would wind up with each other, but they never thought it would end this way. I held back the tears, looked them in the eyes, and said, "This is not the end." If we can survive this, we're in it for the long run. And no matter what they say, I don't care about your hair, your clothes, you shoes. I care about you.

Only you. Everything I've felt, everything I've never said, is spilling from me. I like it when we have those moments when you looks sincere. I hate it when you lie to me then cover it up as a joke. I absolutely love it when we talk one on one, and you eyes get huge. It kills me. After all these years, I still jump when the phone rings, hoping it would be you. I missed your voice. I missed the thought of you. It's so hard to remember you without your voice, without a picture. But this time, it's different.

We need a new song for a new beginning, but you have to pick it out. Whenever I see a heart, I stop and wonder how mine is with yours. I think we both knew it the first time we met that you owned it. I would've never found the right one to share it with. I'm glad I found you. I can honestly look you in the eyes and pledge that I love you now and forever. For the entire eternity. For a lifetime, and no matter what. Trees can't live without rain, and rain comes from the ocean.

Her eyes got wide at the truth, which caused the tears to fall even harder. He was gone. Gone like he'd never been there before. It was like he was dead, but she knew he was out there. It hurt. Worse than her razors, worse then sticking her tongue in the electrical socket when she was seven. Worse than dieing. The last day of school, and he want there to spend it with her. She had even wore a skirt for goodness sake! Naturally the skirt was black and her tank top wad black and pink, but that doesn't matter. Her best friend Victoria was rubbing her shoulders, but little did she know it was making things worse; that's what he used to do.

Thoughts were pounding through her head. Why live anymore? Why does this always happen to me? Why can't you make it stop? And then she realized, if she wasn't living, she could make it stop. the tears faded while her determination grew.

"Victoria, goodbye." She whispered grimly.

Victoria raised one eyebrow, laughed, and pounced on her. She sat on her until she could hear the heartbeat slow to a regular pace, and the breathing become content. She got up and pulled a blanket off the bed, drowsing to sleep, and wished her best friend better in the morning.

Don't aim at success--the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side-effect of one's dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself.
— Viktor E. Frankl